The year from hell
We’ve read the news, voiced our concerns, worried over viruses, vaccines, money, civil and political unrest, and the list goes on and on.
But, 2020 has given us been plenty to celebrate, too. My home town, for instance, is a great place, and in the midst of our 2020 meltdown, still managed to receive many accolades:
TRAVERSE CITY, MICHIGAN
* Prettiest Towns in the U.S.A. (Conde Nast Traveler, February 2020)
* America’s 50 Best Cities to Live (MSN Money, February 2020)
* Best Cities to Retire In (Lists For All, March 2020)
* 10 Most Affordable Places to Retire on the Water (U.S. News & World Report, May 2020)
* Best Hikes in the U.S. (Conde Nast Traveler, July 2020)
* Best Road Trips in the U.S. (Outside Magazine, August 2020)
* Most Vibrant Art City (SMU Data Arts, September 2020)
* Best Day Trip in Every State (Reader’s Digest, September 2020)
* Best Racing Cities in the U.S. (Race Raves, November 2020)
We’re blessed to live in a beautiful, relatively small town. Lots of outdoor activities to keep us busy. Great food. Tons of recreation. Beautiful lakes (yes, lakes, plural). A nearby arts academy that provides professional level entertainment. Artists. Wineries. Brew pubs. And, did you see that we’re one of the 10 most affordable places to retire on the water. Fun playgrounds for the little ones. Great for all of us grannies! We’ve got it all, and for this I am thankful. I’m blessed to live in Traverse City.
And, when I remember to count my blessings, things aren’t so bad after all!